Tuesday, January 27, 2009

On the Topic of Intuition

For the past 3 days, I've been listening to nothing but this CD set. Both featured women have produced insightful works which have bumped my sometimes-reluctant keister forward on the discovery path, most notably "Women Who Run With the Wolves" and "Creative Fire" (Clarissa Pinkola Estes) and "The Language of Archetypes" (Carolyn Myss). To have both of them engaged in a discussion on the topic of intuition, on a CD set, is like being the most privileged fly on the most illuminated of walls. AWESOME.

Sunday, I wrote this in my journal: "Intuition is patience and process, with a bit of a 2-step thrown in. I think the more light I have within -- from humor, from Snoopy Dances, tipping up a few pretty umbrella'd fruit drinks, blowing bubbles, farting into campfires, jumping into piles of leaves, reading the good parts out loud, moon-tanning -- the more I invite intuition. I think as I go, I discover the ingredients for my personal recipe to create intuition stew. Maybe it's more like a potpourri, but it's always on the flame -- adding this, skimming off that, stirring, tasting, refining. It's never a done brew, and I always have to feed the fire. Some ingredients have become mainstays, like the foundation for my 'stock' -- and part of strengthening my intuition is finding and honoring those images and symbols that speak to Mi Sangre, my blood -- my soul. These Moroccan patterned glasses [photo my own] have always had a voice for me. I'm not sure why -- maybe because they carry the languages of travel, the moans of camels, desert winds, multi-colored skies, writing so beautiful it stands alone as art, as a heart map with beacons in every curve and inked embellishment. Shy patterns that still can't help but twinkle and beckon. They seem watchful and patient, imprinted by the knowledge born of toasting all of history one taste, one fire, one swallow at a time. It's obvious they have been formed from the passion and ash of ten million campfires. Through these, the magic and wisdom of history is permitted to enter me."

2 comments:

rivergardenstudio said...

What a beautiful post. I love the photograph of your elegant glasses. And what they represent to you. Intuition is so important, and to listen to it's voice within. Thank you for the reminder... Roxanne

Marianne Ruane said...

Beautifully written. I've listened to Carolyn Myss lectures as well - very inspirational. Love the design of your site.