Sunday, November 30, 2008

Beginnings; The Nude Palette

The newest Art Journal Gypsy prompt involved choosing from 4 lists and then creating using the things we chose. My selections: heart; the colors brown, aqua and cream; the background technique of painted, color-washed, or misted; and individual or stand-alone words. Vintage canal photo, ripped up paper doily, rubber stamp images, paper scrap, acrylic paint. Thinking of marriage, the blistering, the drowning, the way the unity begins to flow back in if even just a small controlled canal's worth at first. Nude woman with back facing us beneath a transfer of one of my canal photos. More scraps, rubber stamp images, acrylic paint with a wash of glass paint for sheen. This is a meditative page for me, an expression of ongoing vulnerability that still allows the 'slate' to be completely cleansed, and opens to fresh starts (symbolized for me by the butterflies and the shiny blue hearts, the heart growing a plant).

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this palette!! What's glass paint, Toni? Sounds interesting!

lee said...

I love your colours and ideas as well. great ideas.....thanks for being so nice on my blog......

Candy Bello said...

wow! I love all the stamps on the page! Beautiful!

:)
candy

Veronica said...

Once again perfection. These are very very very awesome.

beth said...

how do manage to get sooooo many pages done ??...and on top of it, they are always amazing !!!

Carla said...

Beautiful colors, beautiful combination of images!