Tuesday, November 25, 2008

The Backgrounds Beat Goes On

Chinese Proverb. Two of the stamps from my new Artistic Outpost plate of the same name. The blue/white paper was just a blotter underneath another project, and I loved the calligraphy-like feel of it. Bramble Woman. Paper Artsy rubber stamp images, wallpaper from Patty, color wash background. April in Paris. Rubber stamp images from a Mary Mata plate which was a gift from Veronica. Wallpaper from Ms. Patty, and more Twinkling H20 background wash. I love the sparkle, later, when I go to write on these washes. Angel-Alien. This shape was somebody's perfume sample cut-out; ditto the Angel, Alien spikes. Walk through an upscale department store's perfume counters -- the perfume sample shapes are always fun, sometimes have GREAT graphics, and make awesome little tags & inserts. Papers from my swap with Patty at The Tuscan Rose. Twinkling H2O background wash. She Sat Behind You. Hee hee, I love this ad. Paper scraps, magazine image (door panels by her head), rubber stamp swirl. Spices. Paper scraps, die-cut sparrow, magazine image, homemade tag.
Define Authentic. Rubber stamp image, paper scraps/shapes, stamp pad blobs,magazine images. Seduction. Accidental but cool stencil, wallpaper & red tag from Patty at The Tuscan Rose, 2 of my homemade tags, twinkling H2o background wash. Horseplay and Cons. Photos by me, paint chip samples, Mary Mata collage image, paper scrap. My boys -- they crack me SO up! Hoopstars. Paper, paint sample chip ... my youngest male child on one side of the insert; my oldest on the other, rubber stamp images, cologne sample from Sean John.

2 comments:

Nancy B said...

All these wonderful pages are inspiring me to get back to my journal. It's been put aside with all the Thanksgiving and Christmas preperations.

Carla said...

Love these! Of course I love the Chinese Proverbs one best! It's on the top of my list for my next AO order. I just can't quit thinking about how beautiful it would be embossed!