Thursday, November 6, 2008

A Mag, My Mail, A Glue Stick, and Time To Kill

When waiting on a male child, what else is a woman to do but spontaneously make written journal backgrounds? I ask ya? I picked up my mail and shot off to get him, but lo and behold! ... hurry up and wait ...

In the mail, though, had arrived my new issue of Domino. So first I read the magazine (making mental notes of great images & their page numbers) -- then I promptly began to rip & tear. [I've concluded this is my genetic spin on My Lovely Mother's DNA-induced need to save bags & boxes.] Happy Feet. The calligraphy-writing paper was on this page from a previous journal background session.[I love bare feet. And I HATE socks, except my 70s socks with the toes. If I could treadmill-run without socks in my tennis shoes (which I also hate), I would.] That TV screen at which the woman in the cool-ass dress is gesturing? I'm sure when I journal on this page, there'll be something of SCREAMING importance on that. (hee) Gardening. This envelope came in the mail - thanks to Mary Ann Moss and Ms. Patty VD., I scope out the insides of ALL envelopes to see what patterns may be contained inside. I loved the image of the boots -- I wear boots most of the 'winter' (HAHAHAHAAH - winter!!!! hahahahaha!!! .. but anyway) ... and my favorite pair is similar to these. My oldest bro' refers to them as Toni's Footwear Offenses [just one of many many chapters in his ongoing Shoe Crimes Chronicles]. The pretty red/gold paper was already glued down on this page, and it worked out well. These other images -- the dots, the gift box, the crazy staircase and the gardening woman? All from the magazine, and somehow to my twisted brain they go together. Hanging My Hat. I love hats as much as I hate socks. I'm a sucker for hat pictures. The hat thing descended to me directly from my Daddy-O, who has always had Signature Headwear (i.e. a purple tie-dyed floppy-brimmed felt thing very much in the form & shape of THIS one, that he wore in the 70s -- it was AWESOME, but didn't survive to be handed down to me!) My youngest male child, the one presently keeping me waiting, used to do shite like this involving climbing, heights, ledges, railings, eaves ... probably he still does, I just don't have to bear witness to it nowadays!! The "A" is for Antonia, of course ... this page isn't finished, I'm certain of that. But ...

... of course, just about the time I was REALLY getting into it, my youngest male child arrived, sore, grumpy, and hungry enough to chew off his arm and both of my kneecaps. Hence, here endeth the Domino-induced journal background foray.

1 comments:

lee said...

I to love no socks. I wait until the snow falls then have to put them on. I love your backgrounds