Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Under the Ciera Influence: Written Journal Backgrounds #1-#10

Fabric paint, paper strip, new stamp from Stamp Francisco called West African Woman. Jacquard's Lumiere paints, hand-carved swallow stamp, new stamp from Veronica's shop called "Pagoda Dreams". Not seen very well - the Phoenix Symphony ticket stub I found when I took Kelly Kilmer's class, taped down for a pocket. House paint (yellow), then I shmooshed one of my cuttlebug embossing folders into it and let it all dry, then rubbed a silver stamp pad over it. Magazine image, rub-ons, and a new stamp from Veronica's ETSY which I call "Summoned by the Sea" ... Paper edges from a blotter piece on my desk; magazine images, stamped words and new Cabaret Girl stamp from Veronica. I LOVE THIS PAGE! It's SO me! Background papers all from Patty and/or The Tuscan rose, decorative tape, photo by my Daddy-O, Winter Storm, Grand Canyon (his Christmas card to me this year). Fabric paint, border from a grocery bag, rubber stamp images including a new one (top left), The Guardian, that I purchased from Veronica. Fabric paint, ink pad blots, and 2 of my favorite rubber stamp images: The Bather, and Aphrodite Waiting (both from Stamp Francisco). Magazine photo (top); rubber stamp image I just ordered from Veronica's ETSY shop. Fabric paint, paper scrap. On the left, my Valentine from Ciera (opens to reveal a photo of a Chinese junk, scanned and printed from a post card); photo from a magazine, transparency of child silhouette from The Tuscan rose. "T" (& zig zag paper) compliments of Ciera. Also, the maroon touches added at her suggestion.

5 comments:

skywind said...

Oh, good, very good, very beautiful.
http://eyesinkaleidoscope.blogspot.com/
http://fymtyh.blogspot.com/

Wandering Alice said...

I'm really enjoying your journal posts, these are absolutely beautiful!

sam brightwell said...

I love these Toni! Especially some of the stamps ... Aphrodite Waiting ... sounds like a blog title for me. Think I'm getting the urge to get stamping myself now. Thank you so much for sharing. I wish wish wish I could go on one of Kelly's workshops too but guess she's not doing them in England much ... boo hoo.
http://theeverydaywitch.blogspot.com

Jonathan Fudge said...

I really like the art pieces you are putting together. They definately inspire me and my art...

Maybe you'd enjoy seeing some of the things I do with balloons. I've found that many people have never seen a balloon twisted, turned and mutilated the way I use them... It really becomes my paintbrush...

Kelly Kilmer said...

Love your VERY cool pages!!!!