Saturday, February 21, 2009

Last of the Ciera-Influenced Written Journal Backgrounds

Ciera's purple hand print on the left -- a TREASURE! This whole panel lifts for journaling, cuz I'm not meddling with her hand print. Underneath the hand print flap, open area for journaling and another little hidden hand print flap that lifts! Fabric paint, wallpaper scrap from Patty at The Tuscan Rose, hand/flower (under the Kelly Kilmer influence) from a bunch of photocopies I made of free henna prints, grapefruit photo my own. I am STILL transfixed by Peter Beard - this is another page after the feeling I get from his journals. My brothers really liked it. Magazine images, fabric paint, rubber stamp images. I found the mask image & dotted cityscape background; Ciera contributed the dancing girl and other hands. Fabric paint background. Ciera wanted the page to be red, but I said if I did that we wouldn't be able to see the dancing girl as well. Stamp pad impressions, fabric paint, magazine images. This is my favorite background so far in this journal. For breakfast one morning, we enjoyed grapefruit from Cam/Chris/Ciera's tree in the back yard, and that inspired this page. Fabric paint, deco tape, a slide mount, mag image, and new stencil I bought at Frenzy Stamper after my Kelly Kilmer workshop. [P.S. I canNOT stop thinking about that workshop. Small things rise up, both about the art we did and just the interactions. Just a good good experience - it's staying with me and I'm glad!] This magazine image from the Texas floods just stayed with me; I tried to create a page with the same feeling of damp, pocked, chaotic devastation. Fabric paint, newspaper and magazine images, enlarged copy of my favorite bird rub-on (my spirit bird!). A favorite Van Gogh painting, paper scraps, fabric paint, leaf stencil.

7 comments:

beth said...

fabulous as always....and the cherished hand print...TOO FRICKIN SWEET !!!

Que Sera, Sarah said...

I agree! Your work is awesome! Happy to have found your page...you bring inspiration.

Rebecca Lynch Photography said...

The pages look great. I like the dancing lady page the best.

Veronica said...

holy moly you must had a ton of paint everywhere. Love these as always

lee said...

I have been loving your journal pages....I have a hard time with them. Did you buy the Peter Beard Journals book. By the way I laughed out loud at your most embarssing moment. The highlight of my day

Eternally Free Spirit said...

Wow these are beautiful. I like the dancing lady one and the one with the buddha candleholder the best. Very sweet teaching adding her hand print!

Carla said...

You have been busy! And how wonderful that you got to create with Ciera!! What are the circular things on a couple of your pages? Is that land? Where/what is it? It's so alien and freaky looking. Kind of gives me the shivers, isn't that weird?