Wednesday, February 25, 2009

KK February Prompts #s 27 & 28 (The End, WAH!)

#27: Write a love letter to myself, or say what I don't hear often enough. "I am so proud of you!!!" #28: I Love You. "Camping with the three of you is an escape into Boy Land where I get to watch, & participate, outright. Football throwing & bait hooking & peeing outdoors & farting into the fire (& playing with the fire) & eating 3 hostess cupcakes in a single day & drinking beer & belching & just scratching whatever itches. These are things I love do with all of you, my 3 guys. GROOVIN'!"

I say The End because it's the end, for now, of my participation in the on-line prompt class. But Ms. Kelly Kilmer's classes continue, and I highly recommend them for fun, for experimentation, for a kick in the 'I don't know what to do' pants, for a great sense of community and commitment to a month-long project. You can sign up on her blog (see my side bar, Soul Food).

As for me, I have an altered book project awaiting me, my March commitment, along with my ongoing 2009 personal altered calendar. I also want to resume my pages in the Wandering Senses journal. And because I took my commitment to Kelly's prompts for February seriously, I've all but abandoned my written journal, so I still have 23 background pages prepped and waiting for words! I do have 49 'sides' remaining in my visual journal, which I intend to keep after -- but this time, I want to focus on coordinating my journaling with the backgrounds/images, hopefully via poetry.

SO STAY TUNED!

4 comments:

lee said...

my god your so busy...... i too am trying to ensure that I do something art minded daily. I am going to try and make a journal tommorow from a video from journal girl....she says its easy peasy...
but that does not mean easy for me. I am directions challenged.

Judy C said...

Letter to self---this is a great idea. Thanks. And you are one of the most creative minds I have had the pleasure to see. Thanks.

Sarah said...

This really is a good idea. I need a little something to render some creativity, so I may have to follow your lead. :)

Pamela McCarville said...

Thanks for the comment and following my blog . . . you and my Mom. LOL!!! I've been looking at your blog also. I haven't decided yet. I just have so much to do next month. But I'm having sooooo much fun doing it.