Saturday, February 21, 2009

KK February Prompts #'s 19 and 20

#19: In Phoenix, sunglasses are a survival tool, but I don't like them. #20 - Most Embarrassing Moment. "Once, I farted in the middle of a huge meeting: client, municipality, and contractor representatives, and my own bosses & project team. Everyone, even the women, even me, in power suits. And it was one of those whiners, like letting air out of a balloon. At the end, a happy little upnote: WHEET! It was obvious I did it - there was no escaping it. I blushed like only a fair-skinned blond can -- crimson from stem to stern. A L-O-O-N-G moment of silence -- then I just hiked my skirt up under my boobs, and in my best Steve Urkel voice, intoned, "Did I do that?" That broke the tension -- everyone laughed; I said excuse me and took my seat, very thankful that at least it didn't stink! [Because I still work in the industry & see many of the same people, I sometimes get greeted with, "Did I do that?" when I meet up with them again.]

4 comments:

Wabbit said...

OMG, that's funny! Mine would have stunk the place up good! ;-))

I did that in mine too. I was just leaving my new bosses office, having just accepted a job offer. He was holding the door open for me to walk out past him. Just as I passed him, out it came... rrrrip!

I was sooooooo embarrassed! But he was nice about it. In retrospect, I wish he'd taken back the job offer!!!

Veronica said...

No you are not serious!!!!!
you joke right??????

OMG I would have DIED!!!!!!
seriously I would have to move change my name, etc.........

Unknown said...

How awful!...(& awful funny!)That reminds me of my Gasy embarrassment! My husband and our two girls were in the grocery store, standing in a very crowded isle. I'm pushing the basket with the girls inside it and my stomic rumbles. I know what's coming and am so relived that at least it's an s.b.d.(silent-but-deadly) BUT, it's a stinker! One of those kind that follow you when you are trying to walk away...My husband looks at me with an expression that says what crawled up you and died? The girls are giggeling, and my darling hubby says as loud as he can, "Clean-up on isle #6"!... My oldest follows with, "Mommy farted"...The faster I tried to walk away the the stronger & faster the smell traveled with me. !..... I'll get him back one of these days!

Carla said...

I LOVE the top page! I'd like it framed so I could look at it and smile! Your story cracked me up!! Now you'll have a bunch of fart stories on your blog!!