Monday, June 22, 2009

On a LaBelle Wave

Pandora's Box. Doesn't this ROCK?!!! Now let me 'splain why ... I did a creativity exercise to make this -- 5 minutes allowed to draw from an inspiration photo, using my NON DOMINANT (left) hand! FIVE MINUTES!! Then five more minutes to color or paint it, and not allowed to use a 'realistic' palette. Ten minutes and this is what came out of me!!! [[Seriously, I rarely seem to do anything this free, this abstract or cool, with my right hand!]] Ciera Leads the Way My fave picture, ever, of Ciera ... the rest of the background just followed. Vintage postcard (1909!) from my collection, papers, etc. Lots of flaps and hidden inserts for journaling. Bergen. This photo turns up a lot on Cam's blog(s), so I figured it must be one she loves. I copped it, true story, and printed it off to use on a page. Altitude. I made a photo copy of Bergen's photo, then used a Copic marker to transfer it so you see it in reverse. Then I did some paper-piecing to re-colorize his cap, t-shirt, shorts, and the soaring blanket! Fireflies. A long-cherished image from a Focus magazine, shot by Keith Carter, 1992. Papers, vintage wallpaper, decoupage tissue paper. Summer Skin. Photo from a Focus magazine - background paper came in my latest Somerset Studio magazine, deco tape, bird photo by Elliot Porter, image folds back for journaling beneath. She Wanted to Go In. Inspired wholly by Cam's blog post, here. All the 'waves' open for journaling. Nature's Herbal Remedies. Paper scrap I doodled on to create a 'villa', image from Ten Two Studios, a little 'journal' created out of the catalog cover, acrylic paint.

9 comments:

Carla said...

I go away for a few days and you become an artistic powerhouse! All of these pages are simply amazing! The 10 minute page is astonishing. Truly. Do you ever consider framing any of your pages?

beth said...

what a journal so far !
and you know what...

I totally remember chitty chitty bang bang and LOVED it !!!

ohhh.... childhood memories !

Cindy said...

Toni, i am loving the10 minute page. beautiful...you sure can give her hey....take care, cinner....dork cinner

Holly said...

Wowser...yes, Dad would hug, but his balance was so fragile that it was hard to hug him.

When I was a kid, tiny, I would scamper up the front of him while he 'sat' in a chair like a 2x4 since he couldn't bend.

And, I would lay on his chest like a monkey clinging to its mom...

When I was bigger, I would sit on the arm of his chair and nestle a bit against him...

His nose and mine? Not so much, as mine really turns up on the end...but yes, he had a great face.

Personality? Think Al Pacino in anything he's done...but the most exacting? Scent of A Woman. THAT, was my Dad.

Alison said...

I am in awe as usual!

sam brightwell said...

Wow! You are smoking, hun. So cool, creative, fantastic.

Veronica said...

Awesome awesome awesome... I love it.

Cam said...

Squealing*
Hands Clapping*

Total blissed out awareness of how awesome this is gonna be!

LOVE YOU!!
Thank you!!

Candy Bello said...

I love the summer skin collage! I'm gonna have to give that hand switching idea a try...

:)
candy