Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Hands-Down Favorite Kinfolk Photo

And I'm proud to say I'm the shooter of this classic Kodak Moment!! My Lovely Mother and her nephew, Kevin. Mom has always had a special thing with Kevin -- comprised of much sass and pranks and giving of mutual grief, including notes on the message pad by the hotel hallway phone -- this picture just GRABS that magic between them! Everyone wants a copy, so I'm printing those as I write this.

Another phenomenon: My cousin Kevin and my youngest male child, Kevin? We're talking Pete and Repeat -- personalities, voices, expressions, pranks. It's seriously uncanny. If I wasn't looking at my cousin Kevin when he was speaking, I was surprised, because I would listen and expect to turn to my son, Kevin. The two Kevin's sat together at dinner on Saturday night -- all of us were commenting on the parallels, and the two of them hit it off and went off into Kevin World. Amazing.

1 comments:

Veronica said...

My god your mother is beautiful. Lovely is a word that comes to mind when I think of your mom. she is just so cute.