Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Already Gone ...

We said goodbye this morning. Already!!! My kinfolk are headed north to view the Grand Canyon and spend the night there, then back to Vegas in the morning to catch their flight out. Sigh. Of course My Lovely Mother and My Beloved Aunt Judy and my cousin Lisa and I all got boo-hooey and couldn't stop hugging each other. Sigh. And now I'm back in my studio with a love-crazed Zoe in my lap, ready to post my pictures. Following are the few I took Saturday. Nobody was in the mood for photos -- we went antiqueing, then had an early supper and sat around the pool to jabber. TOURISTS!! It's the Midwest Invasion! From left to right: Myron (my cousin Lisa's partner), Lisa, My Beloved Aunt Judy, my cousin Jamie, Uncle Sonny, and my cousin Kevin. Meet my Uncle Sonny. Uncle Sonny is a kettle corn fiend -- "will brake for kettle corn" is a true story in his case. Downtown Glendale was hosting a small carnival to raise money for -- I dunno, something or other -- free food and drinks, and free KETTLE CORN. Uncle Sonny was in Kettle Corn Heaven!! And we were happy cuz it kept him entertained and in a good humor while we mosied through antique stores for two hours! Lisa, my cousin, with My Lovely Mother behind. All our lives, we've been told that Lisa looks more like My Lovely Mother (coloring), and I look more like My Beloved Aunt Judy. My Lovely Mother graces the fountain in front of the hotel. Lovely room! Huge (a suite), but I responded completely to the colors in the sleeping area. A soft buttery yellow wall color, crisp white sheets with a navy border, five (count 'em - FIVE) pillows on each bed, and a flowered navy/yellow "bed runner" across the bottom half of the bed. Not that I sleep well without Double BB, but a great room!

1 comments:

Veronica said...

Oh I love all your photos of yoru weekend. so wish I could have went