Saturday, September 13, 2008

Surprises from Madrid!

Magic! Bliss! Excitement! Tingles! Dancing in place!! Look what my blogging friend, Mercedes, sent to me!!! Feathers to accompany a private greeting. Wallpapers! Look at these, two of them almost looked stenciled (spraypaint stenciled, I mean). Gorgeous stuff, shimmery too! Fabric and paper-wrapped bundles, tied with ribbons. This is such a treat, my goodness!!! Pinned lengths of lace -- are these not INCREDIBLE!! I adore the pins, actually, what a sweet touch! Lovely, gauzy fabric remnants. THIS is where Mercedes so inspires me - they way she incorporates fabric pieces like this onto/into her canvases and journal pages. Old pages in beautiful handwriting and several languages, and more twine-bound surprises! They are truly a matched couple, aren't they? POSTCARDS!!! I love them! Shells, playing cards, ephemera! Faces by Modigliani, in postcard and brochure form. I don't really know very much about this artist, but now I'm curious. Botanical and bird playing cards, which I'll scan so I can keep the originals forever. And ooooohhhh!!! I opened the tiny bag of SEASHELLS! Mariposas! Butterflies! These will definitely flutter to rest in my written journal! I know what this is ... & my hands are shaking with excitement! Mercedes' gift of loveliness and friendship ... ... in the company, now, of my cherished Italian gypsy.

2 comments:

Mercedes said...

Make you feel happy is great for me .Now enjoy your goodies, I´m wishing to see what you will do

rivergardenstudio said...

What beautiful treasures from Madrid...and I love your newest creations! Roxanne