Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Blooming

Journal Entry: 04/06/09:
it could rain & i wouldn't mind -
wet smells, wet like i am,
all the time in this spring flood,
feeling rich & loamy,
fertile & green,
planted but still
outgrowing the earth i'm in.
i need to be pruned.
& watered ... or cupped
in a calm hand & admired.
here i am, leafy,
dewy, soft & inwardly-lit,
reaching, throbbing,
aware of every breeze,
wanting ...
how i am wanting.
i need recognition,
tenderness,
slow kisses not expecting more,
someone aware & deliberate,
to feel this from me.
fragile roots,
delicate flower,
deep abiding woman within,
flowing outward,
flowing upward,
flowing in a
specific shape & pattern,
freshly scented,
quivering,
wondering where you are.
but,
finally,
just quiet ...
a little droopy by sunset,
kissed by birds & bees,

standing fragrant
but alone.

*************************************
And this morning, The Universe left me this message:
"Actually, it's not that most people don't have much,
and they just want a little.
It's that they have it all,
and they just want a little.
You too.
Realign, Antonia.
Want it all.
Oh my - "
The Universe

7 comments:

Holly said...

I will hold you in my calm hand and admire you. Greatly.

Cam@Journey Wildly said...

Realign...

Wow. Who is out there watching us? How do they know what we need to hear? Is it really the Universe?
Just maybe?

:)

beth said...

you know that I read all of that from a different place than the other readers because I know and understand and think the same way...because you and I have shared... because we know and because we long for what we don't have and what we want...what we expect, what we crave and I love you for being so open and honest !!!

lee said...

I am awed by your words

cinner said...

as always toni, very moving!.loved it

soulbrush said...

oh my word, this is sooo beautiful, i am glad i am getting to know you toni.hugs.

rivergardenstudio said...

Such beauty here, Toni. Your writing about the spring... and wanting. Your art here is soft and strong at the same time! Roxanne