Friday, July 31, 2009

Oh, Fridays!!! PuhLEASE with the Fridays!

I'm at work. It's Friday. Everything is done for me to start the mess except 3 sheets of paper someone has to review ... 3 sheets of paper that require less than a minute, each, to look over. So -- now comes the weekly wait-for-it segment of my day. Either I shaddup and wait, or I gently say, 'Hey, I'm waiting', or I work myself into a lather, call My Lovely Mother when the tears of frustration start rising and listen as she plays the same encouragement tape she has to play for me every Friday ...

No. NO! Instead, this morning, I 'Q' up the music that soothes and mellows me, mostly jazz and soundtrack stuff [Melody Gardot [thanks, Ian], Jaime Paul [thanks, Holly], Romeo & Juliet, Bed of Roses, Little Women, Havana, How to Make an American Quilt). I slowly read my favorite blogs; I check "The Week in Pictures" on MSN (love that -- great shots from around the world submitted, and you get to view them, then vote for your favorite). I re-read the wonderful email Ian sent me LAST Friday and which I've saved to refer to whenever I need it. I think of Sam's invitation to come sit, have a beer, & talk down-&-dirty 'bout men -- see me rubbing my palms & grinning cheekily? [Although the 'man' I most want to talk about presently is my youngest male child, who is killing my equipoise on an hourly basis. Eesh.]

I say hello to you all and leave you with this picture of My Wee Lad, Luke, and Uncle Klaus, that Dear Man (taken by Kate).

6 comments:

beth said...

I'm loving that positive energy girlfriend !
rock this friday !

and klaus...I just love that name and want to say it all the time !

Holly said...

To think that you are having fun when none would be given to you by those around you. Just think! I'm so very happy for this reminder! Just think!

Carla said...

Looks like you are in control, my friend!

sam brightwell said...

beers are chilled and I got plenty to say, so come on over ....

what's the time there now? just checkin. have you made it through yet? keep pushing against the load, hun.

mel said...

Well....you will have made it by now...I'm just knowin' that you Zenned their aggravating socks off!!

Love the piccy....I dig stone walls...got anymore?

Cam said...

And have you told them that your homegirl Cam is 'bout ready to come down there and let them just be dealt wit? Cause, I will do it, Toni. I will go postal...I'm talking judo chops, indian burns...
Or, at the very least, I will send a strongly worded letter to management that may or may not get my point across, which may or may not result in helping my sister out...lol.
Lemme know!